Saturday 27 January 2018

Sketching the Wellcome Collection

[From Julie Bolus] I had a great time sketching at the Wellcome Collection museum last Saturday and catching up with Urban Sketching friends I hadn’t seen for a while. 

It was my first time to experience this fantastic collection of medical curios on display and especially in The Ayurvedic Man: Encounters with Indian Medicine exhibition. 

I was initially drawn to sketching and appreciating the aesthetics of a wide range of medical instruments like obstetrical forceps and amputation saws on display.

 

My favourite sketch of the day though was the one below of a human body with all its internal organs beautifully carved from wood. It reminded me of the game Operation I used to play as a child.






Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.