Thursday 12 May 2016

Urban painting

Street Art pieces have been popping up on walls and shutters near where I live in South East London and last weekend I had a chance to sketch while one was being painted.  The artist doing the work was called Artista and she was being helped by one of the team from the London Calling Blog.  I drew whilst the emulsion coat was being added which would act as an undercoat to the spray paint layer. 

I thought I carried too much kit around sometimes but it’s small in comparison with the street artists’ materials which include a work box of spray paint, tins of emulsion, paint rollers, tape and ladders.  You also need a good head for heights!


The finished artwork

See more work by Artista at https://www.instagram.com/its.artista/



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.