The ExhibitionOur aim with this exhibition is to include sketches from as many people as possible who have been active within the Group up until now. That means:
- came to sketchcrawls
- posted sketches on Facebook
- posted sketches in the Flickr Group Pool
- generally supported the group in terms of making things happen
|The exhibition wall - Evelyn is in there for a bit of scale!|
The new venue is located at 4 Noel Street so we had a think about what's close and worth sketching....
An Extra Sketchcrawl
...and have arranged a special sketchcrawl associated with the exhibition - starting and and finishing at Timberyard - on Saturday 14th November. We think we'll make this one a shorter sketchcrawl than usual and will start at 11am and finish at 2pm - but of course you can start even earlier and finish later if you want. So put that in your diaries.
|Carnaby Street and Liberty's - in Great Marlborough Street|
It is an iconic building, a jewel of Art Deco design, celebrated on its opening as ‘the new Tower of London’ (The Architectural Review) commenting on Liberty'sWe've got two sets of buildings right next door to one another which we suggest you might want to have a go at will include:
- the magnificent mock-Tudor building (built in 1924) which houses the department store Liberty's on Great Marlborough Street - which faces....
- the stage door to The London Palladium Theatre which you can find on Argyll Street - which also faces Liberty's
- BBC Broadcasting House at Portland Place London W1A 1AA - that's the old building - (described below and the new extension
- Right next door is All Souls Church, 2 All Souls' Place, London W1B 3DA
|All Souls Church|