Tuesday 22 July 2014

Sketching Wren's City: Saturday, August 2nd

Sketching Wren's City
Sketchers of London! I hope you are well. I would like to invite you to join me for another 'themed' sketchcrawl on Saturday, August 2nd. I really enjoyed last years 'crawl around the Whitechapel of Jack the Ripper, and this year I really wanted to indulge my life-long love of the London of Sir Christopher Wren, the late seventeenth century architect and scientist, by seeing how much of his City I could sketch in a day, and I invite you to do the same.

We will start at 10:30am at the base of The Monument just off King William St (the nearest tube is Monument), and from there we will sketch solo or in groups, as you prefer, taking in as many of the great Wren’s buildings as we can fit on our pages, before reconvening by the steps of St. Paul’s Cathedral, Wren’s masterpiece, at 4pm, to look at each others’ sketchbooks. From there you can have a quick pint at the Old Bell on Fleet Street, the only pub built by Wren on our ‘crawl.

WHEN: Saturday August 2, 2014
START: 10:30am, The Monument
FINISH: 4:00pm, outside St. Paul’s Cathedral

As always this sketchcrawl is free and open to anybody with an interest in urban sketching, artists of all levels and ages are welcome. All you need is something to draw with and something to draw on (oh and maybe a snack). I will again be providing hand-drawn maps with a handy guide to the Wren church buildings for you to choose your own route. I hope to see you there!

Facebook event: www.facebook.com/events/1525438077677897/

- Pete Scully
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. If I were in London and not in New York, on that August day, I would love to join your crawling sketchers. What rich inspiration you all will see.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and consequently may take a little time to appear. Spam and anonymous comments are not published.